Thursday, October 30, 2008

White balance & Tungsten

Last week I talked about WB and a bit about Tungsten. Today I am going to share with you a photo I took the other day, from the balcony of my house.

IMG_6964

Don't take any notice of the model it's me suffering with bad flu... and the photo witch it's not very good but It demostrate the effect I want to show you.

If you look at the photo, every things lit by sun is blue, but not my face, because it's lit by a flash with a Convert to Orange (CTO) filter. When you set the WB to tungsten you are saying light it's orange. That means white light becomes blue, and if you light something with orange light it will have true colours.

To put filters in the flash I made a gadget out of cardboard.
You can see it in this two pictures.




IMG_6970

IMG_6971

No comments: